Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wow, almost a month!

So I see it's been almost a month since I've last written! The boys are back and my Mom is home now too. She was here for just a few days. I'm over summer and hardly being able to work dogs or even really be outside. Working 6pm-3am, you miss the few "good" hours that there may be. I tried the staying up route when I get home, but it doesn't work too well for me- I get really wore out. This morning I couldn't turn off the wheels and was still awake at 5:15... damn. Then got a phone call at 8:45. So I took care of the dogs and went back to bed at 9:30, intending to just take a nap- I could make myself get up till 12:15. But it's overcast and cooler, so I should be able to work at the least the dogs that are actively trialing today. The break in the heat has been so welcomed! Last week Ella came out at 9am and stayed until almost 2pm. Everyone got worked, even the pups got a turn, and she worked MJ twice. I'm going to the trial in 2 weeks, so hopefully this cooler weather will hold! All the dogs are doing good. I had to break down and buy over a hundred dollars worth of Advantage, as the fleas have set in. It still hasn't come and I ordered it on Friday... I'm used to places like Jeffers that are so good about quick shipping. There was no shipping with this company and the product was the same price, so I did save a few bucks. All the pups are doing well. Clare and Ivy sure are showing incredible promise and Ivy


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Ben's Mom is here for an extended stay (several months). It's nice to have her here. Her and I were friends before I even knew Ben. We all worked at the same job and I was staying with her after I got run into at a stop light and my car was being fixed. She does enough that she is helpful, but she is not a "take charge of someone's space" kind of person.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well... got the 4 trial dogs worked this afternoon. They all did very well. Deal's not in heat now, so she was back to normal. She did quite well on her big drive flanks without getting tighter on her sheep. We did the chute a few times, which is a great place to work on her flanking and staying back- her eye and her need to be in ultra control can very well pull her in. Gwen is really coming along on walking on and not rushing to their heads to keep control- she's really getting it. :-) Toss was fast and forward, but listened quite well. His forwardness is appreciated on the field. He does not pull in like Deal. Cruz was Cruz and did very well. We only worked 3 sheep and got one very tough to do shed, so I was pleased with that. Gotta get ready for work now...

No comments: