Tuesday, September 16, 2008

FALL!!

70 DEGREES AND BREEZY!! YAHOO! Finally fall is making an appearance in Virginia! All the dogs are sure to get worked today! I had yesterday and today off, and it felt good to have back to back days off 2 weeks in a row. I only have 3 more nights of my current job left, then I start 10pm-7am and my new position. I got some more info. about it this week and it sounds like a good job, but it will be stressful and probably a mess at first. It's a whole new system, so everyone is going to be learning what needs to be done in order for Sayed and I to do our jobs and what Sayed and I will be giving them to put on the shelves and why... I'm looking forward to the shift change.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I sent my entry in for the State Fair (an arena trial) today. I'm taking Cruz, Gwen, and Toss. I'm not taking Deal as she has way too much eye for arena trials. She locks up a little on the send and then doesn't want to come off her sheep during the drive portions. Toss will do well if he gives me clean stops. He's a wonderful open flanking dog, which is really needed in an arena. Cruz is Cruz and just does what is needed no matter the situation... Gwen should do well as she doesn't draw up on her outrun anymore, stops fast, flanks square, and has nice feel for her sheep. Last year it was one of her first trials. I'm entering her in both ProNovice and Nursery. The Nursery class simply gets her on the field an additional time. :-) I also sent my entry in for one day at a small trial in Palmyra, VA. I'm taking the same 3 dogs. She moved the date back a week, so now I'm only going one day. I was going to go both days because I have this Sunday off, but don't next week. I'll be coming home from work at 7:40 am on Sunday, heading right out and then going back to work at 9:20pm Sunday night! I don't think I could pull that off 2 days in row, so I'm just going Sunday. Ella's going too, so we'll probably ride together. The trials up there usually wrap up by 12-1pm, so I should be home by 3pm to get some SLEEP before work on Sunday night! I wish I could go to Montpelier, but there's no way. It's too late to ask for Friday off in order to get there for Saturday and be back to for work Saturday night or to ask for Saturday off so I could go on Sunday if it's my week to have Sun-Mon off... Oh well, one can only do so much!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not much else going on. Hangin' in there with the weight and eating right. Fully clothed, I'm 126 (39 lbs. loss total!). I tried on a pair of size 4 Levi's Saturday! :-) They fit, but not sure I can afford them this coming payday since I've entered the 2 trials- they looked great though so maybe I'll sneak them into the grocery trip..... They apparently don't stock my favorite mid-rise Rider jeans in a 4, as I never see any. Maybe they have them on their website and I can order them site-to-store.... Off to get dogs worked!

No comments: