Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Work N Dogs

I'm back to work after a 3 day "weekend" from work tonight. I have 10 more days of the 6pm-3am shift. They opened a new position last week at work and I immediately filled it. I was asked by the store manager and had the backing of all 3 of my assistant managers. It's hard to explain, but it's basically backroom (where all the back/overstock is kept) inventory control. (another "self managed" position like I have now) They're going to be using a whole new system and computer program for just about everything from how the trucks are unloaded to how the merchandise is tracked at the registers and the position they offered me is part of that new system. I got a raise and I'll be working 10pm-7am, which Ben and I had just decided I needed to do. Leaving for work at 5:30 with 2 kids was really becoming a pain and I was beginning to feel like a "failure" due to lack of time to make proper meals, help with homework, go to ball games, etc... Now I'll be here for all of that again and still work 40hrs/wk! :-)) My plan is to stay up for 2-3 hours when I get home in the morning to get dogs worked and do whatever outside, the sleep from 10/11am until 4-4:30 when the kids get home. I'll wake up and be ready to do what they need me to do, have the evening with them, and THEN head off to work. Afterschool activities and field trips will no longer be an issue. That was really hard for me, given that I had never missed any of those things until this past spring! The new job will also be 2 days off back to back. (something that had become a rarity in the last couple months) One week I'll have Tues-Weds and the next week Sun-Mon. This will keep my trialing close to home, but with gas, that was pretty much a given anyway! I plan to go to a series that has a Sept, Nov, Dec trial and the state fair arena trial in Oct. Otherwise no other plans- unless a cattle trial pops up for Cruz and Gwen. The boys are both enjoying school so far. Dylan just joined band and is really excited. He picked the clarinet. I'm glad I had Monday off, as I don't think Ben would have driven him all the way to high school and spent the time to get all the rental stuff straight- maybe, but it's doubtful. They start band next week and Dylan is really looking forward to it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got all the dogs worked the other day and everyone did pretty well. Toss was pretty keyed up due to lack of work, but still worked nicely. Gwen's shedding well and Deal is getting the drift- she HATES separated stock- she's a control freak. I worked Sly, Ivy, and Clare. 3 nice pups. I hope Sly is ready to go in Oct. He should make a nice goosedog for this lady. Ivy is very, very nice and good Lord is Clare awesome! Next time Ella comes I'll be sure to get some videos.

No comments: