Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fitting It All In!

Wow, it's really hard to fit in all that life requires right now! When I started my job it was part time, now it is full time, full time. I suppose given the state of things I should be thankful! Our store manager had a meeting with the over-nighters last week. He assured us of our jobs. They are cutting both hours and positions on days. They cannot run the store if it is not stocked and zoned, and we are already pretty much working on what I would say is a "skeleton crew", so there's no way people will be cut, so we're in pretty good shape. He said some may see a few hours a week difference, or maybe one day less, but that is all. I've personally been guaranteed my 40 hours, and the schedule thru most of Nov. shows that. I sleep pretty well now during the day- it's my days off that kill me. I go right back to "normal" hours- sometimes without first sleeping. I had Sun-Mon off this week. Sunday morning I came home, took care of the animals, changed my shirt and washed my face and got in the car headed to Bush Gardens. We had a wonderful day and naturally we were not home until about 8:30pm. I went 32 hours with zero sleep, not one wink. Having Monday off meant I went to bed like a normal person and got up at 7:30am on Tuesday morning. I took care of the animals, loaded up 5 dogs and went to Carol's in NC. I got home in time to take a 2 hour "nap". It was payday grocery day on Tuesday, so it was about 9am when I got home Tuesday morning, so other than the 2 hour nap I went about 28 hours on no sleep. No big surprise that Thursday I woke up sick, sick, sick- worked anyway. Tonight I still had a terrible headache, but went to work. I had taken medicine and not eaten, so I felt terrible once my headache started to lighten. By lunch time (2:30am) I was much better and now I feel fine, but I'm still stuffy and have a slight cough. It's a wet gloomy day and I'm heading to bed here in a few minutes- oh how good a fireplace would feel on a day like today. Already did all the animal care, so I'm set for now. As long as it's not raining, it will actually be a good afternoon to work a couple dogs. I'm struggling with keeping up with the house, the animals, the kids, and all the other stuff I do along with being at work from 9:25pm-8:00am 5 days a week! Ben works very hard, but has the luxury of only having to do something at home (most of the time, as he is the on-call repairman for everything we own!) if he chooses! I don't get to choose. The laundry still has to get done, dinner has to be cooked and cleaned up, the animals have be fed and taken care of, full trash barrels need to be hauled to the dump, school projects always need help getting completed, groceries have to be bought and put away..... That (and more) all still falls 100% on me and some days I admit I'm over whelmed. And I didn't even include the things I only want to do, but don't have to do. It's those things that keep me up for 30 hours without sleep... I'm stubborn and I refuse to give up the things I enjoy doing- like going to Carol's to train dogs. I promised her I would be coming around once a week again- that I was going to take $50 from each paycheck to ensure I had gas money!
I do want to write about how the dogs are doing, but think I will do that after I get some sleep! LOL!

No comments: