Saturday, February 21, 2009

Normal Life?

Thursday night was my last night working 10-7!! It came a week early and I didn't know about it until Tuesday morning! As much as I wanted and needed both a better position and humane hours, it was also a bit sad. There are people I will miss, people I've gotten to be very good friends with. This is my first job since Charlie was born in early 1996, so it was a little scary and the people I met and befriended on 10-7 are special to me! I actually had to go in the bathroom and have a good cry after lunch. They got me a cake and a card and one of my best friends got me a card and a very pretty bracelet. It's not like I won't ever see them again, but I won't see them 5 nights a week!
I hope working 7-4pm m-f will normalize my life some. It's a very hard thing; sleeping during the day. And days off are confusing- do you sleep away one of your days, or do you stay up and completely run yourself into the ground? Same with weekends- it stinks so much to come home Saturday morning and have to sleep until 2pm (which would be a whole 5-6 hours of sleep) when everyone is home- then have to start getting ready for work at 8:30pm... Yuck! So glad I'm done!
I still need to down-size on my dog numbers a little, but I'm not sure how. I don't think anyone is looking and I'm not sure if I should lower the price on a couple of my very nice dogs just to get them moved on, or if I should hang on to them... Ella's coming this morning to take 5 of the sheep home with her. She's really excited! That will leave me with just 3 ewe lambs and the ram. Not sure if they're going or staying. I might be better off just letting them all go and depend on Carol, Ella, and another friend's place to work sheep. My yard is too small to work the trial dogs and I'm sure they'll be turning the field over in the next 6 weeks or so.
My parents are helping us out on our credit card debt and the way it looks we should have $27,000 worth of debt paid off in about 30 months. That will leave us with another $20,000. Credit cards should be illegal! It's insane what we let ourselves get into and I know we aren't alone. It will be a very tight 3 years, but it's necessary if we wish to ever get out from under it. $50,000 is credit card debt- wanna guess what we're paying on that and not getting anywhere with? It's crazy! The super low interest and super low monthly payment my parents were able to get is going to save us probably 10 years of payments! (because we'll be able to pay about 3 times the required payment)
Gotta get outside. I have a normal weekend and start 7-4 on Monday!

No comments: