Friday, December 5, 2008

Tired, but oh well

Whew. This has been a long week, but things have a good out look. Because it's very personal, I won't be going into detail about it, but on Tuesday afternoon Ben was admitted to the hospital and will be there until Monday. He is better and all will be fine in the end. Of course this put a huge kink in our routine. My 2 days off this week were Sun-Mon. So Tuesday night I brought the boys and all their sleeping and school stuff to Tony's. Of course he would watch them for me, but he leaves for work at 5:15am, so he normally gets the kids up at 4:30am to take them to the sitter. Instead, his mother came out to the house in the wee hours of the morning. The boys still got up at 5am and I'm sure it was late when they went to bed, as it's hard for them all (7 in total) to settle down enough to sleep when the routine has been changed. They stayed at Tony's on Weds. night also. Wednesday the boys went to his house at 5:00pm because I needed to go visit Ben and visiting hours are only from 6-7pm. I ran around starting at 2pm (I slept from 9am-2) in order to get my usual stuff done, the boys, all their stuff, and food for dinner for all 7 kids to Tony's by 5pm. I drove an hour to the hospital, stayed an hour, and drove an hour back home. Was home long enough to turn dogs out and head to work. I went to work at 9pm instead of 10pm so I could leave at 6am. Tony's Mom was at the house again Thursday morning, but Charlie had an important Gifted field trip and if I left work at 7 and he happened to miss the bus I would not have had time to get him to school in time, so I was to Tony's by 6:45am. Last night the boys stayed at the neighbors- after Dylan's Christmas concert. He had to be at the high school (30 minutes away) by 6:30. It was a nice concert and was done at a little after 8pm. Ben and I were going to drive separately so I could just head to work from the school- since it's only 10 minutes from work. So instead, I drove the kids back to the house, let the dogs out, and left back to work after not quite an hour at home... My truck has put on a lot of miles this week! The neighbors woke the boys up at 6:20am and the boys walked across the yard to get ready on their own for school. I called them from work at 6:45am to make sure all was okay. I slept like crap today and I'm already tired and have nearly 12 hours to go! :-( The 3 of us went to see Ben tonight. We had to leave by shortly after 5pm. Charlie doesn't get home till 4:20... He just enough time to take a fast shower and scarf a little dinner! Dylan and I ran around and got all the animals square. I "slept" on the sofa from 10-3:30, but kept waking up. The dogs woke me a couple times because the VDOT guys were doing something on the corner. Then a board and train dog arrived... I could have slept a lot more than I did! The kids are going to the neighbor's again tonight-in about 10 minutes. I have the weekend off- thank goodness as I won't have either call in to work or interrupt someones weekend. It's been a long, stressful week and I am ready to relax, not drive ANYWHERE, and get some much needed rest! I hope the weather will be decent so I can work some dogs. I've had a stressful week at work as well due to an assistant manager and co-worker conflict in which I had to be called into the office as a 3rd party witness. My co-worker now "hates" me, but I guess that's okay. He was wrong. The store manager has always liked the work I do, and how I conduct myself and was hugely impressed on how I handled and spoke of the situation on Tuesday. He said I need to be in Human Resources... I asked him how I go about moving up in the company. He said to catch up with him, tell him what it is I want, and he'll make it happen... Pretty nice to hear. I'm not sure if I'm a human resources kind of person, but maybe I am and I just don't know it. I've pretty much been put in charge of the ICS group. We all have a job to do and we all know what it is- but I am the one who's being held responsible for the percentage that we all get. I like my job right now, but if I'm going to stay at the store, I'm not going to stay a "grunt" for very long. According to Kevin, that won't be a problem. :-) Nights are good now, but in a year I'll want days and the boys will be old enough that they can handle to occasional times Ben and I would be gone at the same time during the day.
If the sun is out over the weekend I want to take some new pictures and maybe a video of the pups. It's 9:05pm, so I guess I need to let dogs out for a bit and head to work. I am SO tired. I have a feeling I'll be sleeping at lunch.

No comments: