Sunday, October 11, 2009

My Little "White Queen"


Not a scene you see from a lot of 4 month old pups! She is dead serious and not at all a puppy on sheep! She hustles to get them, but once she's behind them she dials right down! It's wonderful to watch such raw stock sense!!
This what I see on a fetch! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't impressed!

In the picture she below she looks SO grown up!! Again, could she be anymore serious?
So much focus from such a youngster!


This was Emma's first real time on sheep. I let her go around the geese a week ago. It took her about 10 minutes to put it all together- then there was no going back! She's so cool to watch! She runs her little legs off to catch them, but then she settles right in behind them like a "big" dog- it's really a neat thing to see in such a young pup (not quite 4 months). She's fearless thus far, but is not all up on the sheep or just tearing around. She's like an adult in a puppy body! Off sheep she is a really fun pup. She loves attention and is always up for something, even if it's a quick love, or to ride in the cab of the truck when I move it to the other side of the gate. That started out for safety, but now she thinks if I get in the truck she's to also get in the truck! :-) Her and Logan still have their crates in the house, and that may become their home. I haven't raised a "house" Border Collie since Edge (who's 7), so maybe it's time. I always felt like I was being dis-loyal to Cruz, but at 8 years old I kinda need to start thinking about raising another one like I did him. All my dogs adore me, and will do anything for me but I do think there is an additional connection made when they live in your house. (can't tell I like her at all, can ya?)









No comments: