Monday, November 23, 2009

Gloomy

It's icky outside. Cool, wet, and drizzly... What really stinks is that yesterday they almost completely picked up the beans across the road. Darn! Had it been nice today I'm sure they would have finished it. There's plenty of room to go out there and work dogs, and I might- or I might not. Ben is supposed to be home this afternoon. I've done a little cleaning and need to run to the feedstore. I'm looking forward to finishing my little "pig lot" this winter. I'm going to use the last available side of the barn. That way, just like the geese will have, the pig will have a lean-to built off the side of the barn. I will need to buy 3 more cattle panels. I don't think I'll need to buy a pipe gate. The chicken pen has two. It has a 4' gate as well as an 8' gate. The 8' one isn't necessary. I've been reading what I can find about pig care, and none of it seems complicated. The most important thing seems to be to get it butchered before it reaches more than 200-225#. I'm hoping the guy that said he would take my ram tomorrow will get here tomorrow. I don't want him around when the ewes lamb. I might need to find another male goose because this summer one of them died, and I have a feeling it was the male. I would like to have another half a dozen or so geese to better keep up with the dog training. I'm starting to get excited because my last new bundles of joy for a very, very long time will be here in just a couple weeks. Last night their mama didn't eat so I let her inside to sleep with me since I don't have her spot in the kitchen set up yet. She took to that like a duck to water! She got on the bed and never moved all night! She even went back to bed with me after the boys got on the bus this morning. :-) Well, time to get on with my afternoon. I'm anxious for them to finish the field so I can put some cones out there and do some course-type work with some decent distance! :-))

No comments: