Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Correction and Photos

The trial this past weekend handed out very nice prizes. They awarded very well made key chains with a nice BC photo for some and stand up tiles with a photo for others. I had said Cruz was 3rd in Ranch on Sunday and I guess he was 2nd. Just had to give him credit where credit is due.
The tornadoes yesterday were very close to us. Only a 20 minute drive to the 2 places it really hit. All we got was torrential rain. It's good to get the rain, but if we continue with this pattern and then get an average hurricane season we may have trouble. A few years ago during Isabel it was really mess because entire trees were coming down. The ground was so saturated that they were just falling. At least now we have a generator! Our biggest trees are oaks, and they seem to make the ground around them like cement, so that's a good thing. If they, are the 4-tree in one Sycamore came down we'd lose everything, no matter which way they fell!
Tonight's my 3rd night in a row at work, so I have Weds and Thursday off. I slept pretty late today, so I feel pretty good. I also have Friday off, as I switched with the Saturday girl so I could go on the Busch Gardens field trip with Charlie's Gifted and Talented class. They are building roller coasters in the class this week. I saw this morning when I got home that he had a whole bag full of things to make the coasters interesting. I didn't realize till after I said I'd just switch days that I'll be missing the Richmond night race! Dang!! It's always a great race! :-(
There were a couple people taking photos with good cameras at the trial. I'll find out where they're posting the photos and link the site. I'd love to order some good ones! It was a good field for pictures. Sometimes the terrain or the distance makes it hard to get good ones. I have a few pictures that Ella took at the cattle trial. If I don't go to NC tomorrow maybe I'll post some pictures. I'm kinda planning on going. It'd be a good day to take the pups again.

No comments: