Wednesday, March 26, 2008

So What!!



Well today was a beautiful day outside. Other than taking a lunch break with the boys, I spent from 11AM-7:30 outside. The dogs hung out with me all day and the boys played outside most of that time. They were outside at the neighbor's for awhile, then the neighbor boy was over here, and then they went back to the neighbor's and played inside (video games I reckon) for about an hour before they needed to come home in order for our youngest to get to baseball practice. It's 8:00 now and dinner is just getting done, so I hope they're are on their way home. My plan for pizza fell thru, as I didn't realize I was out of yeast for the dough... So I made turkey "cutlets", veggies and rice. When the boys and Ben left for practice (Ben was home about 15 minutes before they needed to leave) I took the dogs out for a 4 wheeler run and dip in the pond. What an awesome thing to be able to do with them! The fields, trails, and pond are on a neighbor's property. This fall I asked to use the field right across the driveway for herding while there were no crops in it. I was more than welcome to!! This lite a fire under Ben, who wanted to ride the 4 wheelers. I talked to the farmer and he was more than willing to allow that, we just needed to have the proper insurance- which I can totally understand. With that done, he took our oldest and Ben on a "4 wheeler tour" of all the trails. Oh my gosh!! You could literally not do in 2 days the trails he has! Some follow the woods line along the fields, and more are thru the 100s of acres of woods. All we have to do to get on the trails is cross the road at the end of our driveway! :-) I took the dogs out to the pond, let them get a quick drink, then followed a couple different trails. We came back to the pond and I turned off the 4 wheeler and sat on the dock while the dogs waded, drank, and roamed closely around. As I sat on the dock at the pond in the middle of the woods (but 1 mile from home) with the dogs (with the knowledge that my husband was off doing something enjoyable with both boys 3 miles from home) I decided "so what". "So what" about sooo many things. So what if I can't get to every trial I want, so what if I didn't get to head out to Carolina today, so what if there always seems to be more things that need to be done than there is time and money for. So what!! Sometimes it takes moments like tonight to put things in a proper perspective.

So as I sit here now, watching tv, with my family I'm thankful. I'm thankful for all that we have and even more thankful that I am a member of a loving family, and despite the fact that some times things don't seem worthy of being thankful for, in the grand scheme of things- they are!!

No comments: