Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Mentally Exhausted

Today I had to appear in court as a witness. As a witness on the behalf of my friend Tony in regards to the custody of the 5 kids involved in his divorce. Of course I have also always been friends with Connie as well. What an awful thing court is! To have your every move scrutinized by lawyers. I broke into tears at one point stating that I was not on the stand to pick sides, I was only there for the kids because I feel they all need to stay together. I wish to never again be in a courtroom! On a non-emotional level, I am wore out just by the hours I've kept this week. I worked 6pm-5am on Sunday because the truck was so huge. I slept that morning from 7:30am-11am. I had planned on sleeping till 12:30, but the county showed up mowing all the ditches... Then of course this morning was short because I needed to be in court by 11am... I worked most of the dogs yesterday, but won't get anyone worked today. I'm currently having a cold drink, sitting at the picnic table in the shade with 12 dogs milling around- with the occasional pup in my lap! The kids will be home in about 10 minutes. I don't know the results of the hearing, they were breaking for lunch and were going to start back at 2:00. What an ugly thing; divorce! Connie decided this winter that she is a lesbian, and moved out and into her girlfriend's house immediately. I don't have a problem with "other" relationships, but I just can't wrap my head around her leaving and going RIGHT to someone else AND leaving her kids behind. Shortly after she left they agreed she could "have" the youngest- the little girl I was watching during the week. Tony is now suing for custody and child support. It's an ugly situation.

No comments: