Thursday, June 19, 2008

Pictures Later

Yesterday the kids, Clare, Ivy, and myself went to Ella's for 2 hours while we waited for Maddie to be spayed. We played at the river and the kids and the pups had a blast! Of course Wren played too. I took 225 pictures, most of which are good...

I need to get to bed now (4:13am), but will try to get a bunch posted this afternoon. Hopefully it will be reasonable enough to work some dogs. It would have been fine yesterday, but I was up at 6am to get Maddie into Surry by 8:30am, so I had to take a 2 hour nap shortly after we got home. I got up in time to scrub and refill water buckets, do poop patrol and a few other little odd tasks.

Next time we visit Ella's I'll have to take Toss. He would have LOVED it. The 3 girls played in and around the water, but weren't super crazy about swimming. Ivy did the most swimming and I think if another dog had gone out, she would have been more sure. They sure had a great time playing along the water's edge though- they ran and ran and ran and ran!!! Right about the time we had to wrap things up, Clare could hardly keep her eyes open! She crawled up on Ella and if we had stayed for 5 more minutes, she would have been asleep!

Maddie seems to be fine after her surgery. She was REALLY out of it when they sent her home with me. She did get up and go to the bathroom before I left for work, and Ben took her out a couple times later on. I'm sure she'll feel better tomorrow. No getting wet for 10 days they said!! That's like a death sentence to her!! So we put the ladder up on the pool and I dumped the stock tank. They'll ALL just have to drink their water for 10 days!

Off to bed....

No comments: