Sunday, June 29, 2008

Days Off

Well, I mis-read the schedule at work... Until 2 weeks ago I never had to pay any attention to "the board", because my schedule was set. Saturday is the first day of a new week and when I work on Friday of course it carries over into Saturday and looked like I was to work last night... Now I know how to read it... So I met Ben and the kids at Lowe's where they were buying some materials for the pool deck, had a quick dinner and came back home. I got up a little after 6:00 this morning and got all the dogs worked, did a couple other little things and then took a 2 hour nap. We have to be at the ball field for a cook-out and parents vs. kids game at 3:00- it's 1:30 now. I'd like to get some laundry folded, but it feels pretty good right here with my be-hind in a soft chair. I work tonight and Monday, then have Tuesday off.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All the dogs did very well this morning. Cruz did nicely on some pushier driving and did just fabulous on the shed work we did. We only had 3 sheep (the more sheep the easier the shed) and we got several very quick and clean sheds. He hardly needs a hole big enough for him to fit thru in order for him to come right thru cleanly and hold whichever group I'm facing.
I worked on whistles with Toss and he did very well. I did some shed work with him too and took it back to the fenceline. He was not coming all the way thru before turning on the shed off sheep, which meant he was struggling to keep the group in 2 parts right after the call-thru. He was mentally about spent by the time I pulled it to the fenceline, but I did get in 2 call-thrus so he knew what I wanted. Next time I need to do the shed work first.
Gwen did really, really well on her walk and stay behind the sheep session.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben is building a really nice deck around the pool. It's going to be beautiful! He has half of the frame work around the pool done, and some of the decking put down. The deck will have a 3 1/2' edge all the way around the pool and then a 20x20' (approx) deck off on one side. We love to be outside and this will just add to it! I'll get some pictures on my day off on Tuesday.

No comments: