Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Just When It's Needed

The kids have been out of school for about 3 weeks and they've been very good. They've kept busy doing lots of different things. Friday night I spent $75 on some new arts and crafts things for them and a new 3 drawer-on-wheels container to put it away in. It was my "thank you" to them for being such good kids in the morning when I'm sleeping. They have also been doing a lot of big-kid stuff this summer like making their own lunches etc... (just several little things I have always done for them- it felt a little weird at first- like I was letting them down- but they're very proud of the things they've been doing) They were in hog-heaven for 3 days making all sorts of things nearly all day with the stuff I found for them. That's the kind of kids they are. They are both very creative and like making their own entertainment. Don't get me wrong, they do their share of video game playing and cartoon watching, but it's really not much. Most days the tv isn't even on until the evening tv time.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today was the first day since school's been out that the two of them were kinda at each other most of the day. Just pushing buttons like only siblings can do. I'm going to Carol's today (I need to type quick and then get a few hours sleep!) and decided to call my friend Amy who has 2 boys and see if she would exchange some dog boarding for kid boarding! LOL! They are going out of town for 4 days over the 4th, so their 2 dogs (she has a Deal pup, Sam) are coming here. The boys are very good at Carol's and just make themselves busy with things like they do here at home, but after about 3 hours they're about done being able to be alone together.... again with the sibling thing. Once I have to heavily "mother", the enjoyment of working dogs and hanging out goes down hill real fast. Naturally going to their friends' house with a pool and toys that are "new" is a lot more fun than a field. ;-) So I dropped them off at Amy's on my way to work tonight and will pick them up on my way home from Carol's. It's good to have friends! :-)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the 8th the kids and Ben head to the mountains of AZ to visit my parents. Ben will come home after 6 days and the kids are staying for almost 2 more weeks. My Mom is flying to VA with them, staying for just a few days, then flying back. Hopefully the airlines won't be too bad and it won't cost another ticket's worth in baggage check! My Mom keeps saying, pack them light, we can do laundry....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So that trip will put a well needed change of scenery in their summer break. We'll maybe have time to go do one day-trip somewhere with my Mom- probably to a beach. Maybe to "Ella's" river. :-)

No comments: