Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Living "Single"

I got Ben and the kids off to the airport this morning. It's going to be really weird around here. No one but me and the dogs. Very quiet and no one to "worry" about but me and the animals... Very weird. I know I'll enjoy it for awhile, and then start to miss them horribly. Today on the drive home I was having near panic attacks about them on the planes. My whole life.... What I would do if I lost them- any of them- let alone all of them. I came home, fed the dogs and put them up for their afternoon nap then came in and slept, and slept some more. I had horrible dreams, but the extra sleep sure felt great! Ben called from JFK and they had already eaten lunch and had like 2 more hours. (Yes, they flew to NY to go to AZ from VA.... no wonder the airlines are going under! LOL!) Their flight from JFK to PHX is over 5 hours long, so they should be almost there. It's a very long day. I got up at 6am to make them all breakfast, then woke them up at 7, which is early since we're deep into summer break and Ben was on leave this week.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben will only be gone for a week, but it'll still be just me during the day. Ben leaves for work at about 7am and is home somewhere between 5:30-6:30pm. I leave for work at 5:30pm... The kids won't be back until the 29th! I'm thinking while they are gone, I'll stay up in the morning and sleep in the afternoon. I can't do that with them at home during the day for obvious reasons. I'll have about 2 hours to work on the house before it's light, then spend about 2 hours with the dogs and a couple hours doing other stuff. That's the plan anyway. It's what I plan to do once the kids are back in school also. It'll be pretty good timing because the kids get home at 3:30. If I get my stuff done in the morning and sleep until 3:20, then I can focus on just them for the whole 2 hours I'm home with them... I'm hoping when the new lady starts working with me we can have alternating weekends off. I don't see why that would be any kind of problem. If they can't do that for us/me then I will go back to 4 days a week, two off in a row during the week, and Saturday. I'd rather be full time, but not at the expense of hardly seeing my family.

No comments: