Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Ivy











Ms Ivy. To say I'm not bias would be a lie. Of course I don't think she can walk on water, but there isn't much she does that doesn't impress me or make me laugh. She is the perfect child in my eyes. She is a highly intense, likable personality like her mother, and a very sensible stockdog like her father. She gets a double helping of brains from both of her parents. She is witty and clever, but does not use it to get herself into trouble. If there was one word I would say "fun". On sheep she is my kind of pup. She's speedy, yet has lots of sense. She's going to have a very "can do" attitude (which comes from her parents) and does not seem like she is going to be the type that is always trying to out-think or out-do you. She's going to be a team player and she's going to be fun to train. She was much more keen to do a few easy things my way this morning, so I'm happy to see that's back. Because this session was about building that drive back up, I let her yee-ha the sheep once or twice and it was fun to see that puppy-gleam in her eyes. Next time out I won't have the camera and I'll go back to working on putting some verbal commands on her. When I send her to sheep she very much prefers the comebye side. This morning I set the sheep up so it made sense for her to go to the right. She still wanted to go left, but took my body language "correction" very well and did a couple very nice sends on the away side. I'm looking forward to the cooler season so I can get her on sheep a few times a week. I think she'll be a breeze to train.





No comments: