Thursday, January 7, 2010

Busy Week

Wow! Can't believe it's Thursday night already! It's been a busy week and I'm pretty exhausted. I did work the dogs on Sunday and they all did well. Kit did really well on her sends. She didn't make a single mess and stayed off them very nicely. I'm really excited about her progress on outruns. She does so nicely with everything else. She has a solid stop, reliable flanks (including off balance), short distance driving with flanks (including inside), and pens very, very nicely. Once she has a nice outrun she will really be a very useful dog and I would guess, fun to trial. Toss did a really nice job with only whistles. He's been such a good boy over the last 6 months or so. He's really matured and not that I didn't like him before, but he has really become so enjoyable to work. He is really a cool dog to own, and to have him coming along so nicely on sheep is a good feeling. I did what I said I wouldn't and I played with Ivy. I let her work the geese. It had it's good moments. Her and Kit are both in heat now. I worked with Deal and shed work. She's doing better. She has to learn to watch me a little more, so she knows where to come in. I'm not always really great either. Sometimes it all feels right, and sometimes I really have to think about which hip I'm turning in, which hand I'm calling them thru with, and which hand I need to have the stick in... I may get a shedding video so I can see it over and over again... I just need to do it right a hundred times- or so. Cruz got to work the geese and was in his glory. Birds and cows. They make him smile. :-)
The babies are ADORABLE and really a lot of fun right now. They are very clean puppies and are basically "potty training" themselves. They have been on 2 of those indoor rugs with the rubber on the bottom. I wasn't going to add newspaper until I needed to. Gwen kept it so clean, I didn't need the newspaper. The rugs are washable, so it has been a perfect "floor". This week I started putting newspaper at just one end of their puppy area and they only potty there. They quickly learned this week that their little routine is to be let out of their puppy home and into the entire kitchen while I make dinner the minute I walk in the door from work. They are a riot and have a total ball. By the time dinner is made I have 5 pooped-out pups! :-) They are all fireballs and into everything! They're all going to have coat and are unbelievably cute! I'll get some pictures of them tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be too ugly tomorrow so I can play with everybody outside and have a fun day off. I need it!

No comments: