Saturday, September 26, 2009

Better Day

Yesterday was a better day. Still so much to do, but it didn't seem as overwhelming. I didn't get much extra done before work, but did get my usual evening animal chores done so I wouldn't have to do them at 9:30pm. I colored my hair and made the kids after school chore lists and that was about all I had time for. Today I let myself sleep in. I needed it terribly. My Emma alarm clock went off right on cue at 6:30, so I got up and let everyone out and promptly went back to bed. Work up at 8:45! Kinda late, but it was nearly midnight before I went to bed last night and I have been on the go during my days off for a few weeks straight now.
Work was a bit rough yesterday as my shoulder is really starting to hurt badly. One of the end caps that I had to change out yesterday was a whole pallet of the huge cans of green beans. Great. I talked to my assistant manager about what would happen if I can't do stuff for awhile and she said to get with personnel so she can pull up my actual job description. I wouldn't be able to do it if I had to have surgery I'm sure. I do get 12 weeks of job security (unpaid of course), so at least that's good news. It would probably really depend on the people I work for though. My assistant seem to think as long as I could keep doing the stuff in the IMS screen I'd probably be alright. We'll see. It kept me up a lot last night, the worst it's been.
Gwen is in here with me right now because she's coming in and her and Toss were doing the "I like you, you like me" dance on the porch. No one paid her any mind yesterday and she's not bleeding yet, but she's on her way. She's such a funny little thing. She's so full of personality and is such a sweet heart. I know it's not fair to have favorites, but I do, and she's one of them. Both on and off sheep. In the future I would like have a Gwen X Toss pup. They are both very nice dogs and compliment each other. I suppose you could get a Gwen or get a Toss, but if you had a blend that would be one hell of a dog!! Her maturity and natural outrun and feel for sheep combined with his straight forward approach and love for driving!? Yup, that'd be one hell of a dog no doubt!! And fast, holy crap would they be fast! I suppose they'd ALL be freckle faced with really, really fun personalities! LOL! I really, really, really like Gwen a ton on sheep, but I am going to wait and make sure she comes fully around on the bubble crap on the distance drive. Both Carol and I believe she will. If I don't cross her with Toss in the future, I may cross her with a dog named Keen that came from Canada that is highly imported bred with all the "right" names. Carol runs him right now and he's a very nice dog. She thinks very highly of him. She calls him Cruz with more push. Like Toss would, Keen would compliment Gwen in that he's a very forward type dog. That's a year or more away thought, so no need to ponder it too greatly right now.
Well, I need to get to things. I have to get to the feedstore before noon and I have a few things I want to get at the hardware store. I'm getting to the end of my paycheck though, so the hardware stuff may have to wait. I'll probably take Gwen along with me so she doesn't have to be in her kennel. She likes to ride- well at least ride with me. ;-) I always feel bad for the girls when I have to lock them up! :-( What I don't feel bad about is locking the boys up as well when the girl(s) gets to the "good" days and the boys are SO obnoxious that I can't trust them. (ie dig into the girl(s) kennel, fight with each other, etc).
I was thinking about moving the geese around in the round pen for Emma and Logan today. Maybe I can get one of the kids to video it. I have no idea if the interest is there yet or not. It's a good ear day for Emma, looks like both her ears will be prick, or at least 3/4. She's going to be such a neat looking dog! Logan's are currently "wings", so we'll see what happens. I've seen a lot of wings on puppies turn into prick ears. If nothing else, at least they are not down. It's just not a look I like. Not that it really matters one bit, it's just nice to have to the look you like you in a dog you like the rest of! :-) I've been following the Finals blogs. It's fun to read about the runs. No matter the skill and talent level of both the dog and handler, there is always going to be such an element of luck involved. I think that's what keeps it from being the same 'ol, same 'ol. No two sends to the sheep are ever going to be same, and that's where a handler's skill and a dog's talent shine- when they make it look like the same run as yesterday, last weekend, etc. I've enjoyed the write ups about the runs that were either a very low score, DQ, or RT, but the writer was very impressed with the handling, the dog, or both. Sometimes a no score run was really the best run of the day, and the good handlers recognize that. At least in my area they do.
Well, I best get off from here so Freckles and I can run to the feedstore quick.

No comments: