Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Who's Like Who...

It's always so interesting who pups take after. From Deal's first litter, the 2 males are very dark and built like Deal. The female (Kit) is all Toss, in looks, in working style, and temperament. Her 2nd litter of 3 females produced all dark, "Deal" types- except that Lokie got coat. (throw back to Deal's sire). The Cruz X Gwen pups are half and half. One male and one female are marked just like Gwen and act more Gwen than Cruz- especially Ivy. Ivy works just like her mother and she is all Gwen temperament-wise. The split face pups look like Cruz in the face, and are like him in temperament. Wren works just like Cruz did as a young dog.
In these 2 pups I see one throw back to their grandsire, Toss (Emma). And one throw back to their sire's side, which is HatsOff (Logan). Logan has a very HatsOff type head/face and he has the same eye color as several of the HatsOff dogs I've seen. None of my dogs have that eye color. Emma is very intense like her grandsire, Toss and is fearless like her granddam, Deal. She is going to be a handful on the field I suspect. For as intense and confident she is, she's also very loving and reacts appropriately to a correction.
Logan reminds me quite a lot of Cruz in temperament as pup, although so far he is much friendlier to people he doesn't know. Like Cruz, he seems to have an on/off switch- which is so wonderful. He seems quite laid back much of the time, but it takes only a toy or an encouraging word and he is spun right up. Only time will tell how they turn out, but right now I'm enjoying them both very much. Maybe in a week or so I'll let them loose while Cruz moves a few sheep around. It's always fun to see that first glimmer of "this what I'm here to do". :-)
I've been reading my camera book and starting taking some "non auto" pictures. I only took a few yesterday, but I like this one of Edge. I like how the blurry leaves are the same color as his coat. I took the photos using both the jpg and the raw form. I don't think my laptop can support my camera software, but I'll try it on one of the boys' computers. Sounds like you can do a ton with photos taken as a raw.






No comments: