Sunday, September 27, 2009

Didn't go

... to the trial today. Something just kept telling me not to. I have to admit I was pretty concerned about going that far for that many hours and leaving the boys here alone. When I entered the trial I didn't know Ben was going to be gone. I woke up this morning with just enough time to quick get ready and head out, but I laid there and thought about it and thought about it and decided to skip it. Maybe I should have gone, maybe it was good I stayed, who knows... This is my life. Not complaining, but little do I get to do without sacrificing something. On top of not knowing if it was a good idea to leave the boys for what I'm sure would have been 12-15 hours, I felt a little guilty about going and leaving them alone... I worked two shifts of 11-8 last week, so I they had to do their homework, chores, dinner, etc all on their own. I felt a little selfish when I pondered still going to the trial. So I didn't. Today was a lose/lose decision and I chose to stay home with the boys. We did get a lot done. The boys got their rooms clean and I got everything except the kitchen clean. The kitchen's better than it was, but it is not done. I blew up at the boys a little today and I banned them from bringing anything of theirs to "my" part of the house and said that daily bedroom checks will be enforced. It's so hard to follow through, but I am so over spending so much of my days off on house work- or worse, doing something fun or something else I that has to be done and letting the house once again get put on the back burner... Ugh. Raising kids correctly is hard! LOL! Especially when you don't want to live as their maids. I love being their mother and doing the things that mother's do, but I am tired of being their maid and I'm tired of them treating our home like a hotel!! Ben and I have worked on this in the past and it will stay good for awhile, and then we quit following through. I vow to never again fail to follow through!
Yesterday I had fun taking some pictures of the dogs using several of the different non-auto features on my camera. I'm really impressed- especially since it was a COMPLETELY overcast day- not much light to work with at all. I can't wait to try it again on a well lit day! :-) As you can see I'm in the process of writing a little profile about each of my dogs. I'll continue to take photos of them all and get their profiles written. I have pictures of Deal and Kit already prepped. Yesterday I let Logan and Emma come in the round pen with the geese and Cruz. Logan looked on for a bit, then squeezed through the cattle panel to watch from what he thought was a safer place! LOL! Emma knew she needed to do something, but wasn't sure what. This is when I love geese. No worries of pups being stepped on, or suddenly scared by a normally quiet sheep that decides a pup is fair game... Additionally they're exciting to watch when they move. (from the pups point of view). I never said a word to Emma and only quietly flanked Cruz when Emma would think about walking into the geese and needed a little back up. It took a bit, but the light came on and she was great. If first impressions mean much she's going to like to drive like her grandsire and she's going to have great stock sense like her sire. I'll wait about a week and then let her in again. She never lost interest- not even when I scooped her up- she watched them the whole time I carried her to the gate. Good Girl Emma! :-))
Well, off to bed cuz it's a... holy cow, quarter to 12!! Oops. 6 am will come quick! LOL!

No comments: