Saturday, December 19, 2009

Eat Right and Work Out

I haven't been doing either for about 6 months and it shows... As some of you may know I recently lost the near 50 pounds I had gained in a matter of 4 years or so. Being only 5'2", 50 pounds is considerable, in either a gain or loss. I had actually gotten a size smaller than I was when we got married. Most of my size 4 jeans I can still wear, but my 2 pair of "rock star" size 4's are pretty much off limits right now. I've been avoiding the scale, but finally stepped on the Wii step today and sure enough I've gained 9.9lbs since I last played this summer... It's not a shock, but I'm mad at myself. I worked so hard and was so careful for so long, but have gotten less concerned about what I'm eating each day, and now it shows. Ben had bought both the Wii Active and the Wii Golds Gym for me quite some time ago. I played it today and both are very fun. The Wii Active has several different ways to play and should last a really long time before becoming "stale". The Golds Gym starts out with boxing and was quite fun. I started the 30 day plan on the Active and started with the low intensity and dang if it still didn't have me feeling it afterwards. I guess at my age, just moving around (quickly) nearly all day is not enough when you want to be in shape and probably 2 sizes smaller than most would be content with. So I've revamped my work-out and eating plan and will be in perfect bikini shape again this summer when Ben returns from deployment. Looking good makes me feel good, so what's the harm? I need to once again turn my mental calorie counter on so I'm not over doing the calories. The good news is that I like fish and salads- but I hate making salads. Produce always seems to go bad so quickly, and to make a salad night after night gets tiresome. Maybe I can find some low calorie recipes online. Once I'm in the routine, I really do enjoy working out. I very much like how I feel afterward. I feel it is the best anti-depressant ever. So although I am disappointed in myself, I am not focusing on that. I am focusing on the fact that I am going to get back on the plan and stay there. I'm promising myself some nice clothes over the next couple paychecks if I stick to the plan. Last year I bought all new jeans and over the summer a load of tank tops, but now I have nothing to wear for this time of year. I need some new tops and my one splurge will be a new pair of cool boots. I love boots. I have lots of boots- of all kinds. I have my George Straight addition Justin's that are my everyday outside boots, boots I wear to work everyday, high heeled boots I love wearing with my jeans, etc... Many women love shoes, I'm a boot girl. My high heeled boots are actually from the Goodwill. I hit the jackpot one day and found 3 pair for like $8 a pair! My Justin's were my splurge of 2009. They were 50% off, but still expensive... But since my everyday outside boots which I loved were literally falling apart after about 4 years and many, many miles I decided they were justified. So... I'll pulling myself out of my warm bed an hour earlier than needed every day pissin' and moanin' until I'm half way thru the work out, then when I'm done I'll not only feel better, but will be back on my way to looking better. On a different note, I'm on day 2 of 3 days off. Yesterday was our last day to shop for the boys, so that's what we did. There was enough light left to run the dogs with the atv before the rain/snow started. They were all very happy to get in a good 30 minute run. It rained/sleeted all night and was miserable today. It was on and off, but even when it was "off" it was cold, windy, and way too wet to do anything. The dogs were put up and turned out in shifts today... yuck. I hope tomorrow brings better weather so we can do some things (like me working dogs) outside! One more day off yet- it feels so good. I still need to get a tree....

No comments: