Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Smile...

Things for me to smile about today....
*Sunday evening I was kinda bummed that we didn't have any Christmas lights or decorations up again this year. (we didn't last year due to living/dining room destruction/construction). Monday night I came home from a frustrating day at work to a fully decorated house complete with lit reindeer on the porch roof! :-) Thanks to my hubby and kids! :-)
*Monday after work I figured even a Charlie Brown tree wasn't doable- I'd waited too long. I went to the hardware store across from work (we didn't have any live trees left). They had.... 2! Both were "orange tags"- meaning they were $46. trees! Ummm, let's go with.... No-can-do! I said to the guy (owner- family owned store) I can't do a $46 tree. He said $35. I loitered a bit, but ended up saying no. I turned to go and he said "25 bucks". I said "okay!" :-) It is a lovely tree, nicely groomed and even, yet narrow- just what we needed. :-)
*"My" first lamb was born today. When I went out before work to check on/feed the girls the one I knew was going to go first was toting around a water bag. (yet trotting around bleating for her breakfast!) Tonight when I got home there was a perfect Dorper ram-lamb. He was warm and dry and mama was talking back to him, so all things look right. I walked the paddock with the flashlight just to make sure there was not a twin somewhere. They are 1st year ewes, and she was not huge in the belly, so I was not expecting twins. I fed the girls their pellets in the barn and closed the gate to the barn. Better for the new baby; better for first time mama. It is cold for Virginia- overnite lows in the high 20's. He wouldn't last long if he got "lost".
*My husband loves me and his only request from me is that I return that love.
*Jobs. Ben and I both have good jobs that aren't going anywhere and that for the most part we are both quite happy going to each day.
*Health Care. Ben's military benefits cover us all, 100%- for less than a week's worth of lunches.
*My kids. Talented, bright, healthy, caring, handsome, little men. :-)
*My dogs. All of them. They are a huge part of who I am, and I would be lost without them. They have shown me dedication, love, grit, and heart I would not otherwise know!!! I owe them so much. There are many, many things I could do without in this world, but my dogs aren't one of them!! It's actually gut wrenching to think about the things I would give up to keep my dogs!
*My family. I have the best, most loving family- both immediate and extended. I have a Mom, a Dad, a Brother, a sister-in-law, a cousin, and a mother-in -law that would take me, Ben, my kids, and as many dogs as possible at the drop of a hat.
*Cruz. Yes, I already mentioned my dogs. Cruz goes above and beyond.
*Cruz's kin. I have Ivy, Emma, and 5 new bundles of wonder- all hoping to half fill his shoes!
Blessed? Lucky? Yes. Maybe.

No comments: