Friday, December 11, 2009

What do you do...

when you have a very talented, very perfect dog in quite honestly every way. However the two of you just don't click? You've tried for multiple years, yet it's still not there. Do you hang onto the dog because you know how talented she is, and to sell her is foolish, not to mention you'd never get what she is really worth when you add up time, training, health tests, etc... Do you put her up for sale at a price you know she'll sell and then be incredibly picky about the home? Or do you simply hang on to her? You know if you keep her she'll get worked, but probably not appreciated like she would be if she went to someone who really enjoyed working her. I don't know what to do... Right now I have 2 interested people looking at her. Both sound good for her, and one in particular sounds outstanding. It's hard when I feel a level of guilt no matter what I choose. If I keep her I'd feel a bit of guilt because I have several dogs I enjoy working, and I know she would love to be one of my favorites- and she could SO easily be someones favorite. Yet I would feel a bit of guilt if I let her go because she's 5 and has been with us since 8 weeks old.... (however she is 100% the type of personality that would go to a new, caring home without a hitch)
I'm very torn....

No comments: