Friday, May 2, 2008

Field Trip

It was a fairly long, but okay day on the field trip. The Gifted class that Charlie is in rolled physics into the roller coasters at Busch Gardens. We have several pages of 'homework' to do. They spent last week in class making their own big roller coaster. Busch Gardens is not really my kind of place- lots of people, many of which are unsupervised/unchaperoned teenagers- need I say more, the price of even a cold drink of water (I think they purposely put like 3 drinking fountains on the whole park) is not only ridiculous, but really sad. Furthermore, I am not a thrill-seeker. Fear does nothing for me. I ride the Big Bad Wolf and that is my limit. In fact in the past, I have been so fearful for my kids' well-being that I can't hardly go... I was better about that this trip. Charlie hung with 2 of his friends', who are both regulars at the park. He skipped the first ride, but then went on everything else, and had a blast. On the way back to the bus, they went on the first ride a second time so Charlie could go. The first ride was the Griffon. I took a video, but it doesn't show the true look of the ride. I might post it anyway. I can't believe he went on that ride! And yessss, they got in the front row!
We were home at 9:00. Dylan went home after school with a friend who also plays baseball, so he didn't have to be alone after school and could get to the game on time. Ben met them at the ball field after work. Dylan's friend is staying over tonight and Ben'll take him to practice in the morning. Charlie also has a friend over. His parents were off at a ball game with his younger brother (Amy and I are friends- she has a Deal pup, Sam) and she wasn't sure if they'd be back in time to pick up their son that was on the field trip. So he came home with us. She has to be pick him about 10AM so he can be on the soccer field at 11AM. Oh lives are so busy!! I plan to spend time with the dogs and get the frig cleaned out. I think Ella might be coming out too. I have to work tomorrow night, because I took tonight off.

No comments: