Thursday, May 8, 2008

Photos

I think Border Collies have incredibly 'soulful' eyes! (Clare)

Such a sweet face!

Clare, looking more and more like her mama every week!


My 'delicate girls'! Not even close! They were playing of course. It's funny what you capture in a still frame when they play!


Pretty girl Ivy! Carol told me this morning that Keele has one ear up. I can't wait to take some pictures of Ivy and Keele together. They are so much alike. It took Ivy awhile to be as bold as Keele, but she's right on his heels now I think. She is SO sweet and SO clever.

I sure see Gwen in Ivy's face. She is so much like Gwen it's not even funny! She is sweet and clever like Gwen. I have sworn to not raising anymore pups that jump on you. It's so hard, as that's how they like to greet each other. So I've been putting my knee in these pups' chests. So what did Ivy figure out? She figured if she stood on my back she wouldn't get kneed, and she can still poke her head around my side to reach my hand for a pet! When they're that clever about getting love, you almost have to laugh! I know I did! She's also very funny about being picked up. She loves to be held, but she insists on sitting behind your neck like you some people do with cats! It's painful right now, because she's not quite big enough to wrap herself around the back of your neck- so she hangs on with her feet- and I mean hangs on she does not want to get off you once she's up there! She's a special one that's for sure! Full of likable, fun personality!

Between Gwen and Cruz, Ivy sure got a pretty profile.

I wish I had some pictures of Gwen at this age, but they are forever 'lost' on a hardrive of an unworking computer. Ivy is exactly what I remember Gwen looking like.

Mr. Jim. He's such a big, handsome pup. He is much bigger than his littermates. He is a goofy pup. He and Wren are a little more like Cruz was as a pup in temperament than Ivy and Keele. Ivy and Keele love everyone right away and don't bark at anything. Both Wren and Jim need a short amount of time to adjust. Cruz was not an exceptionally confident or social pup at all. These pups aren't as nervous around new people as he was, but they aren't as sure as Gwen, Ivy, and Keele. It's all so interesting!




I think Jim is going to be such a gorgeous dog when he grows up and into his 'parts'. He's going to be a lot Cruz I think. I see more Cruz in him then Gwen at this point. He's quite sensitive, which although Ivy and Keele are biddable, they are not what I'd call sensitive. (same for Gwen)If Ivy jumps on me and I knee her, she respects that, but doesn't think much of it. If I knee Jim he's much more sensitive about it- he doesn't sulk, but the same correction for the same behavior is a bigger deal to Jim than Ivy. I don't mind that at all, as long as along with the sensitivity comes an unwavering work ethic and devotion- which is what Cruz has. You can hurt his feelings, yes, but 99% of the time there is no reason to go as far as hurting his feelings, (you don't ever need to "stand on his head" to make a point, not even close) and if you do hurt his feelings, he does not sulk about it one bit. I enjoy having a dog that I can say "HEY YOU" and have it mean something serious! I don't like hard, it's not enjoyable. You can go just as far with biddable as long as there is also work ethic and you are willing to be nice. I'm all about a good attitude.


Serious little Sly! I think he's going to be quite the flashy dog. He's going to have a lot of coat, and I think that heavy tri on his legs is neat. Look at how curly his coat is, I bet he's going to have just a gorgeous, wavy coat!








Smilin' Sly! Whata different expression than the ones above! I see Mary Jane in that look!!




This is my new favorite picture!



















No comments: