Monday, May 5, 2008

Refreshed

I ended up with a 4 day break from work. A couple of the days were busy, but I was also to get caught up on sleep. I didn't feel the greatest on Saturday. I was still pretty tired and was shaking some sort of cold. I had switched my Friday and Saturday around in order to go on the field trip. I called in on Saturday. I get 6 a year, and I'm not a sickly person, so I figured it was as good a day as any... I'm glad I did, it made a huge difference. Connie is probably going to have a lady who lives close to her new house start to watch Jordan. She's going to try her next week and see how it goes. The woman sits for kids Jordan's age. It's more money, but it's much closer to Connie's house. So May be my last month with Jordan on a regular basis. I was thinking about that last night, as well as the warm weather coming up. I was thinking that I may start to stay up when I get home around 3:30. Do some house work, and then when it's light, get the dogs taken care of and worked. Then go to bed around 11AM till about 4PM. We'll see. That seems to make more sense than sleeping away the cooler morning hours. These days I'm pretty darn good about sleeping when it's available! The other day I had 15 minutes before I needed to get ready for work. I slept- and slept hard!
I made the decision to sell Kit. The woman is supposed to be here on Sunday to pick her up. I've done lots of talking with her via email and will call her today. I told her from the get-go I was going to be very picky about where Kit goes. I like Kit quite a lot, but I don't really enjoy her working style and she's too nice to "just" be a dog. She works like Toss, and anyone who knows me knows how much I have struggled with Toss. He is indeed a very very nice working dog, just not my "type"- but he's so quirky about being my dog only, that there was never any way I could sell him. Kit's not that quirky- Deal evened her out some! LOL! The lady has also "ordered" Sly, and will take him once he has some foundation. I never planned to keep Sly, but when he didn't sell as a little pup, I knew I'd need to keep him on long enough to have some foundation. There's an age there that they aren't really, well I guess the word is marketable. Too old for the people that want a puppy and not old enough for someone who wants a pup with some foundation and at least showing promise on stock. He'll be here till he's 10 months or so I figure. I think he'll be a natural, easy to start pup like his Mama was.
When I get paid for Kit I plan to take Jim in for some tests and have a Vet or two watch him. He's still bobbing his head. He does everything else 100% normal. He moves a little gangly sometimes, but it's hard to tell if that's big goofy puppy, or if it's part of the head bob. (he's much bigger built than his littermates) What it looks like is he's always keeping his balance, but I think he might be working at keeping his balance because his head is swinging around.... I wish someone would say that have seen this! Ben keeps saying he thinks it's a quirk, but I think if it was a quirk he wouldn't always do it. The pups went out with the 4 wheelers to the pond for the first time on Saturday. They did great and you should see Jim swim!! He loves to go in for no reason and swims like a fiend! Making sure Sly will swim is one of the things I have to do with him. Once it's warm enough I can go in the pond if I need to. We threw both of the boys off the dock on Saturday! LOL! Then later Charlie pushed me in from the shore! I didn't go all the way in, but got pretty soaked. He got me wet, but I managed to reach around and pull him in too! LOL! Ben was on the dock and said "don't even do it". I told him I wasn't going to, because I might get him in, but not without ending up in the water too!
Well, it's a goregous day so I'm going to go get all the dogs worked. All four of us worked on the house yesterday, so we're just about caught up in here. If I have time this afternoon I have laundry to put away. I see Ben had the boys fold all the laundry I got washed yesterday. I need to get it put away before it's all over and needs to be washed again! I didn't go to the home games yesterday in order to keep working on the house. I haven't heard about the games, but Tony called me once to say Dylan really got a hold of a ball. They got him out, but it was a great hit! Both teams have improved GREATLY. Next year they should be able to beat several of the teams! I believe they will both be on the same teams. I think Dylan's team is 9-10, not 8-9. Dylan will be 10 in June.
Okay, Jordan is asleep, so I'm out to work dogs. My sheep have been eating grass in the yard for several hours a day lately. That'll be another perk to finishing the fence. I do it right now, but have to keep an eye on them, as they will go across the road or down the 10' of space between the fence and the road... They're pretty good though. They have figured out that if I have to go out there and fetch them back a ridiculous number of times with a dog, they go back in their paddock!
Maybe I'll take some pictures today. Pretty day for it.

No comments: