Friday, May 30, 2008

A Good Morning

After a fairly emotional day yesterday, in which I had myself just mentally exhausted by 5pm, today is starting off to be much better. Yesterday there were a few things that were going on that got me all "spun up" as my husband would say. I was fighting being pretty depressed most of the day. I HATE that feeling, and not really having anything worthy of being that worked up just makes it worse. I called my husband at work and I knew he was going to be very busy and that I would not have anything positive to say, but I needed to. I don't like being a "burden" like that, but if I can't talk to him, then who can I talk to! He finally jerked me back into line by asking me "Are you hungry?" I said "what?". "Are you hungry?". "no, I guess not" (still confused). He said "are the kids hungry?" "Probably not" I said. "Is the house standing?" Then I understood. In other words I needed to pull my head out of my ass and quit working myself up over little things. Yes, those little things weren't great and they did all seem to happen right together, but in the big picture that we call our life, they were indeed little things. It's so wonderful to be married to someone that is enough like you that you are truly best friends, yet different enough you balance each other out! Whew! I was glad to go to bed and start over this morning! The kids are ready for school to just be done already and Charlie fussed a little bit about having to go. They have 2 more school week's left. Ella came this morning at 9am to play with Wren and hang out. Like a good husband, it sure is good to have a couple good friends!

No comments: