Wednesday, May 21, 2008

More to Come

I'm hoping to get some videos today and put them up tonight- later tonight. Weds and Thurs is my "weekend", so I don't have to rush out of here at 5:30 tonight. I want to video each of the puppies again today. They're at the age where they can be on sheep once a week. Especially Ivy and Clare. Boy has Ivy become neat to watch.
Right now I'm off to get the roll of fence to FINALLY finish our property fence. I had quite an irritating experience with the UPS man yesterday afternoon. (we used to have such a nice guy, and now we have someone new...) He had also come 2 days before (each of the kids got $150 from their part of our stimulus check) and on that day he realized all the dogs were loud, but harmless, although Jim worried him. Jim, being his father's son, was scared and barked like mad, tail tucked, etc. Because he's Cruz's son, I know this is a passing phase and the best response right now is no response. He's not being ugly, he's truly scared, so the best thing for me to do is just act normal, as he's looking to me for leadership. (please note this only works when you have your "pack" correctly established) Well yesterday I only had the 4 puppies and Cruz loose- not many dogs. Jim did his usual. The UPS man said "that one thinks he's tough huh?". I said, "No actually it's the opposite, he's scared." Jim continued to bark and be stupid, but well out of the UPS man's space- so what does Mr. Bright Idea do?? He kicks at Jim!! OH MY GOD! I almost punched him- I could not believe it!! I said "Please, just leave him be, he's scared and now you made it worse". Before he handed me the package he got down low and did this weird 2 strided bolt at my pup!! I couldn't believe what he was doing! So now Jim is REALLY freaked and lucky for the UPS man I was so stunned by his DA behavior that I didn't have time to go off on him. I said in a huff "Give me the box and go- go now". So he quickly walked off and damn if Jim didn't chase him, teeth and all. Not that I thought my puppy had poor taste of judgment, but because I didn't want a scene I grumbled at Jim and he came right back. No wonder dogs hate the "mail man". That UPS man deserved puppy teeth in his leg after what he did. Once the fence is up, that will never be an issue again. My dogs will be safe from stupid people! Once the fence is up, there will be a 5 question quiz before you're allowed on the property!! LOL!
At 7pm the baseball team that Charlie is on is going to finish the game they called because of weather on Sunday. They have a good chance at winning this game which would be so fun for this first year team! It's a home game and they don't have much of the game left, so it shouldn't be too long.
I found out yesterday that there will be a cattle trial in June. I'll definitely be going. Next Saturday I'm going to go work cows at a friend's place, get an adult Cheviot ram from her, leave my Dorper ram there, and maybe buy a few Cheviot ewe lambs. I was going to buy a Cheviot ram-lamb from her, but was becoming concerned about where I'd house 2 rams. She had the same issue with taking my Dorper ram. So we're just going to swap rams. I have 2 lambs at home, so if I buy 4 (gulp) Cheviot ewe lambs, I'll still have 6 to work when the adult ewes get late in their pregnancy and can't be worked.
Well... off to get that wire!

No comments: