Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Thirteen Years!

Ben and I have been married for 13 years as of today!! Seems hard to believe! After I get some sleep, I'll to try and scan a couple pictures of our wedding day and put them up. I don't know if I know how to, but I'll try. We were both so skinny and young! LOL! I think of lot of how we were ends up coming almost full circle. You get so wrapped in just plain old life there for a long time, that you almost lose who you really are. Over the last few months I have felt more and more of "old" me coming back and it feels fun. I don't feel as old (or as mentally bogged down) as I did a year ago. I think the early 30's are a huge lifechanging time for a lot of people. I feel like I'm over that hump and things look really great. Ben broke his hand/wrist (in 3 places) last Friday being a man on his toy. He came home yesterday with a cast over his elbow... He was watching Stargate and needed to change the disc. He looked at me and said "I have a very pressing issue." I said "you need the disc changed don't ya". He said yes, and as I changed the disc for him, I told him that really wasn't a pressing issue, and that I didn't think either of us have anything too pressing to worry about. He agreed by saying "we really don't have anything too terribly pressing at all, do we." It's moments like that we all wish we could bottle up and pull out later when things seem hopeless or terrible! What does Oprah say? An "ah-ha" moment?
Later today (like when it's light out!) I'm going to get the round pen put up for the puppies. Ella swapped some lessons for wire cattle panels to make a round pen in a back corner of the fence. Ben said today it was fine to use metal posts for that. That way it's "portable". I had about 20 posts and gave them all to Carol. I'll get a half dozen at the feedstore.
Off to get some sleep!

No comments: